Thursday, December 10, 2009

Birth"day"

So most of you probably know that I like to spend the kids' actual birthdays with them, just the two of us. This year I took Drew to a place call Emerald City Gym. Lots for kids to play on, run on, jump on.... Tons of fun as you can imagine.

I was a little self conscious about my camera. Most of the mothers there with their little ones, looked like regulars, not special occassioners like us.

I wished I had an extra hand that day. There was a rope swing and a sponge pit to drop into. Drew hung on to the rope and never let go - just swinging back and forth. He just couldn't get up the courage to let go. I told him that was okay and another little boy told him how he used to be scared and wouldn't let go. It was really sweet. It would have made a funny video and cool pics, but I had to keep my hands free in case he needed me.

He loved this swing and got to take consecutive turns on it because there wasn't that many kids there that day. I guess that the advantage to going on a Tuesday.
Drew can't stop talking about that cool place I took him for his birthday. A definite success.
After the gym, we went to the new Fritz on Shawnee Mission Parkway, it is only about 15 minutes from our house. This is the place where the train brings your food to you - always a hit.
Drew definitely worked up an appetite at the gym, he ate his whole cheeseburger - a first as far as I can remember.
You order your food from a phone in the booth and Drew got to order himself a chocolate shake after his lunch. He thought he was big stuff. We had a great birth"day" together and now it was time to go home and get ready for his family party.

0 comments: