Friday, July 2, 2010

Rock Out

Another trip to Children's Mercy for the Roberts family. I was talking to Drew on the couch after school, asking him about his day. He told me the usual and then told me he put a rock in his ear from the play ground. I asked if he took it out, he said he tried but it just went farther in. I looked in his ear and couldn't see anything and then Andy got a flash light and discovered Drew was telling the truth. We tried to get it out at home, but finally gave in to the trip.

At first the doctor said their wasn't a rock in his ear it was just wax. I was thinking great, I am going to be late to work for wax! Then the nurse came in, irrigated his ear and used a little tool to pull out the ROCK!
While the irrigating was going on Drew thought it was awesome. The nurse said most kids are screaming at that point. Not even a single tear from my brave man.
Drew and his rock.
I asked him why he put the rock in his ear. He said that it was too hot and he put it in his ear to cool off. Don't ask me, I am as confused as you!! Another errored video.

0 comments: