Monday, October 19, 2009

Cookies - An Unimaginable Amount of Pictures

Friday evening the kids and I made some Halloween cookies. Our cookie mix called for one egg, but as soon as Drew got one out of the carton of course Jillian wanted an egg too. Here is Drew's first crack at egg cracking.
The egg is supposed to be in the bowl and the shell next to it, oh well - good thing we had another egg out. Apparently Jilli was just thinking ahead.
Next was a tablespoon of flour.
Oh Geez this looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Close your eyes and hold your breath.Perfect shot by the boy.

Of course sister wants to scoop flour too, so I gave her the butter bowl and let her have at it. This was the critical turning point in the degree of messiness that our little activity eventually reached.
Both tasted the flour - eeeewwwweee. I told them it would taste bad, but neither acted like it was that disgusting.
Sister saying messy - so cute.


I took the flour pants off Jillian and she decided to play with the flour mess on the floor.

Flour Face

She had a very specific plan and seemed very determined. Step one in her little experiment - remove sock.

Inspect the equipment - a little stinky yet clean.

Step 2 - move flour on the floor around with foot.
Conclusion: The flour was easily transferred from the floor to my foot.
May have a little scientist on my hands - you think? ;)
So we (when I say we I mean me) cleaned up the mess, put our dough in the fridge and had a little dinner. Next step rolling out the dough. Some serious rolling pin action.
Some not so serious rolling pin action.
Jillian would rather use her hands.
Drew just cut out the first pumpkin. Yes, I know it is a little gross that the boy is on the table in his underwear and socks, but these cookies are just for us. Plus it is impossible for the two of them to share a chair while we work on our cookies.
Jilli showing off her cookie cutting skills.
Action shot of flour debacle number two. Drew and Jillian we both amused by clapping their flour hands.
Showing me his flour hands, similar to jazz hands except of course in the the baking world as opposed to the dancing world.
Drew saying " oooohhh yeeaaahhh" while I sing the making a mess while dad is mowing the lawn song.
High Five!
I love how when Drew is hurried or a little frantic his voice suddenly becomes falsetto.
We had the mess cleaned up before dad came in and then he helped us decorate the cookies.
Jillian would decorate a little and then eat a little.

and eat a little more...
and a little more.
Yes sister is in big girl panties, it was just a test not a success. Drew is wearing his super cool new spidey glow in the dark underwear from Nana. Thanks Nana!
The final product. You can tell which ones are Jillian's by the little finger smudges. She would put the mini m&ms on the cookie and then take then off to eat. Drew just ate the m&ms out of the little bowl.
Enjoying the fruits of our labor. Does that make it sound healthier?
Drew had so many sprinkles and m&ms on his cookie that when he would bring it up to take a bite, tons of toppings would fall off.


Jillian post sugar overdose.
Cheese!
Cracking herself up.
So I wrote on this post last night and all of my comments were lost and I think I was a little more witty last night than right now. Oh well, tis life.

0 comments: