Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Scavenger Hunt

Sunday morning Andy set up the scavenger hunt I made for the kids. He told Drew and Jillian that mommy left them a note on the table. Most mornings I work I leave before they even wake up, so this is the way I was trying to make them feel my love that morning.
Clue #1
Drew and Jillian
While mommy is missing you off at work
A special surprise in the house does lurk.
To find this gift, a SCAVENGER HUNT!
Starting on the door that is in the front.


Below they are looking out the front door and missing the clue taped behind them. Andy asked if they see the clue and Drew said yeah, is it that tree?
Oh, there it is.
Clue #2
To keep your Sunday from becoming to boring
Look for your next clue under this
Where daddy lays his head while he is snoring.
Clue #3
To find your next clue on this special surprise trail
Look for your yellow friend with a waggly tail.

Wish I could read the clue because I can't remember it.
Something like
Your surprise is colorful
and a barrel of fun
Because there are two of you
Surprises - more than just one.
To find your next clue
Look in my closet, in a shoe.

Andy said they went through all of the shoes and looked over it the first time.
Jillian found the Clue #5.
Down the stairs
I can't remember this one either
but it ended with under your musical seat.

Clue #6 (was under his piano stool)
You are getting close to blue and green
Look under the bed and you will see what I mean.
Not under Jillian or mommy and daddy's bed....
Under Drew's bed!!! When I talked to Drew about the scavenger hunt, he said I didn't know their was monkeys under my bed. I told him, he slept above them all night. He just couldn't believe it.
Andy said that Jillian was more excited about the note I left on a pink heart than the actual surprise - barrels of monkeys.
The monkeys have been played with every night since - scavenger hunt was a big success.

Happy Girl!

0 comments: