Friday, March 5, 2010

Randoms

While preparing our house for our visit from baby Claire we decided to put the cardboard house (AKA: paper cut machine) in Drew's room. Later that night when his room was opened back up we found out it was a cat house too.

She looks like a quadruple amputee and acts like a brain amputee.


This week was Dr. Seuss week at school and Drew made this awesome cat in the hat, hat.

Jillian's fish bowl she insisted putting her head while very sternly saying "Jilli hat!"


A very grown up looking sister in this one, or least grown up looking half of her.

Jilli has been cracking us up lately. The other morning she didn't approve of the breakfast Andy was serving, by turning her face away and said "I don't like it." Without taking a single bite of course. So Andy asked her what she wanted, her response "mmmmmm......cake!" Andy response "mmmmmm.....no!"



Lately she has been protesting going to bed. Not by crying or getting out of bed, but by yelling while in her bed. Andy usually cracks the door and tells her to hush. After a few hushings she was still yelling " Daddy, daddy hey daddy!!!" Andy went in and said "what is it Jilli?", she held up her finger and said "booger!"


Okay, now a few Drew stories. My parents' dog Bing died in the beginning of February. I was crying and my concerned little man wanted to know what was wrong. I told him about Bing and how it was really sad. He told me "it's not sad, Bing is in heaven." As my heart was melting, I said "you're right, not at all sad for Bing just all of us that are going to miss him down here." Amazing how a 4 year old can put perspective on death.


Another sweet Drew moment: He sat on my lap one night and looked very concerned. I said "what's up buddy?" "I just don't know who I am going to marry" he said. I told him "he had a little time to figure it out." He asked if he could marry me and I told him that I was already married and I already had the job of being his mom. So the next day at school he made a ring and asked his teacher Miss Lindsay to marry him. Although I think he might be a polygamist because he told me the other day that he was going to marry Kayleigh. Just like a man, can make up his mind. :)

0 comments: