Friday, May 21, 2010

Law School Graduation Finally

After 3 very long years, the day has finally arrived. After a tortuous rainy drive to Topeka and before graduation we all went out to eat at Old Chicago.
Below are George and a very excited graduate.
Brett, Anne and all three kids drove all the way from St. Louis. They were so helpful with the kids and everything as usual.

Payton was in charge of my camera during dinner. I had my hands full with little ones. Claire, at the head of the table, was an angel as usual.

The law students march from the law school building all the way across campus to the graduation ceremony. I missed it all!! I didn't think they would do it because of the rain, but it cleared up just in time. The bagpipes and drums lead them into the auditorium.





Andy heading to his seat.
Trying to get a close up.
Wondering why my pictures are so dark.
Taking a picture of my foot to make sure my camera isn't messed up. Brett suggested turning the flash off, but then I had a whole bunch of blurry pictures. This isn't an important day or anything.
Drew man was pretty good, just would get upset when Jillian would take toys from him.
Brett went down and took some better pictures with my camera for me.
Andy on his way to the stage.
Waiting for his turn.
Being hooded.
When they announced his name both of the kids yelled, I love you daddy. So sweet, it would have been sweeter if he actually heard it.
Me, sister and pony hugging it out. That girl was a mess at the ceremony. She would not sit still for anything. I was spent after the whole thing was over.

And the crowd goes wild!!!!

After what seemed like a very long graduation. We are all so proud of Andy!
Back to the house for gifts, snacks and cake!
Mom opening her graduation gift from me - finally a cross stitch for her kitchen.
We couldn't have made it through law school without her and dad.
Andy opening his gifts.
Claire eating a present.
Andy and Night Fury readying his card.
Andy's purple graduation cake. After three years 1 sweatshirt and 3 t-shirts later, I still didn't know that Washburn's colors were blue and white. Oppps!
Andy's diploma in the beautiful frame from Bryce, Tammy and Claire.

Now it is time to really party!

0 comments: