Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day BBQ

Bryce and Tammy were out of town, so mom was watching baby Claire. Baby Claire and mom came over Saturday afternoon for a BBQ. It was after a morning of planting that obviously wore my dad out :)


Our dog Lucy and Claire's doggy Cooper look very similar. Last time we were at Mom and Dad's Jillian even said "look 2 Lucys." So I can only assume Claire thought Lucy was Cooper. The only difference is that Lucy let Claire hug her, lay on her and pull her fur. None of these got a reaction from Lucy (not surprising to those of you that know her), but Cooper would never tolerate it. He would just get up and leave, just like Bailey is doing in this picture.
I think that may be the reason this excited Claire so. She thought she was getting to love on her buddy Cooper.
I think these two are kindred souls - two of the most laid back living beings I know.
Full on, arms around the neck hug.
So Sweet
I love this one because of Claire's expression. She was so excited that "Cooper" wasn't running away from her. She was squealing and laughing, it was beyond adorable.
She leaned into Lucy and Lucy just fell over and laid there. Drew was watching the screen on the camera while I was taping, which was apparently awesome to him. The Claire gives one her famous lines "hi." (Her other one is "bye.") Then off with the hand me down squeaker shoes, I am sure my brother thanks me with every squeak they make.


Drew and his baby Claire. He said that he wished she was our baby and I said, she is the next best thing, our cousin.
Baby Claire's hair is getting long, but just like Jilli used to, refuses to keep bows in.
Drew can always make that girl giggle.
Nana and the girls!

The kid have tons of fun together in Jillian's room.

0 comments: